Why can"t I send a text?
Lou5573

I had an iPhone 3GS until Feb. of this year and sent text messages with no problem. Including attaching photos.  I just purchased an iPhone 4 yesterday and have not been able to send a text.  When I push the send key, the progress bar quickly moves to the right and stops at about 95% complete.  It stays that way for 15 to 30 seconds and then I get the exclamation mark indicating that the text was not sent?  Don't know if it is an Apple or Verizon problem, or me.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can"t I send a text?
rnagle

I just got my iPhone 4 today. I can text an other Verizon iPhone, but I can't text a T-Mobile phone. They can't text me either. But we can call each other.

Message was edited by: Ray Nagle

0 Likes
Re: Why can"t I send a text?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Lou5573,

Text messaging is one of the most popular ways to communicate in today’s wireless world! With its ease of use and quick response time, it’s no reason why people prefer this wonderful method of communication! Congrats on getting an iPhone 4! It’s one of my favorite devices. If this is your first Apple product then there will be a bit of a learning curve. Below, I have provided a link to assist you with troubleshooting your text message concern.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

Once you have tried the steps in the link above, please reply with your findings as it may help another community member in the future. If you are still having the issue then please note any error messages that you receive so I can look them up for you. I am looking forward to your next posting.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes