Why can't I have a screen change when I flip the phone 90 degree?
Hey_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, someone.

I didn't expect to come back so soon to elicit help from experts.

I just found out that, after downloading the new software, iOS7, I do not get a wider screen when I flip my iPhone4 90 degree either side.  That is, the elongagted screen is stuck whatever I do.

Please, help.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I have a screen change when I flip the phone 90 degree?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

I appeciate you bringing your concern to our attention. I'm really digging the new iOS 7. It's a welcome change from previous iOS. The symptons that you have explain to me makes me believe that the device may be locked in portrait mode.

Sliding your finger up from the bottom of the screen will bring up the control center. While in the control center you will see the portrait lock (its the lock symbol surrounded by a circular arrow). Turn this off.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

I appeciate you bringing your concern to our attention. I'm really digging the new iOS 7. It's a welcome change from previous iOS. The symptons that you have explain to me makes me believe that the device may be locked in portrait mode.

Sliding your finger up from the bottom of the screen will bring up the control center. While in the control center you will see the portrait lock (its the lock symbol surrounded by a circular arrow). Turn this off.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hey_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whether it was an easy answer for an expert to provide, for me, not knowing the answer, it was difficult one.  As such, I must note my appreciation to VZWSupport, in genera,l and to YosefT_VZW, in particular. 

Thank you.

0 Likes