Why can't receive phone calls or texts after activating a new plan with Verizon?
Thomas_E
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone. I'm using an iPhone 4S and just opened verizon yesterday. However, I'm not able to receive phone calls or texts, but I'm able to call and text other people and access the web. I already reseted my network settings, triple checked that i'm not forwarding my calls anywhere, and my blocklist is empty. I also put the airplane mode on and off as some threads suggested but it didn't resolve it. It also can't be about bad signal because I live downtown in one of the biggest cities in this country and my signal is flawless.

All help is appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive phone calls or texts
Thomas_E
Enthusiast - Level 1

To anyone facing the identical problem, the solution for me was that my previous operator (I transferred my number from T-mobile) had not fully given up their part on the deal. So I went to verizon store, they called T-mobile and got it sorted out. The situation was that any incoming call/text went to my sim-card which was still under t-mobile, and all outgoing calls/texts that i was making came through my verizon phone which was registered for this number. So, maybe this will solve it for you too if you have this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive phone calls or texts
Thomas_E
Enthusiast - Level 1

To anyone facing the identical problem, the solution for me was that my previous operator (I transferred my number from T-mobile) had not fully given up their part on the deal. So I went to verizon store, they called T-mobile and got it sorted out. The situation was that any incoming call/text went to my sim-card which was still under t-mobile, and all outgoing calls/texts that i was making came through my verizon phone which was registered for this number. So, maybe this will solve it for you too if you have this problem.

0 Likes