Why don't I hear a sound when I get notifications?
hulla7142
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iphone 4 has an issue with the volume when I get texts or calls. I can't hear anything, I've gone through settings and the volume is all the way up. Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP WITH NOTIFICATION SOUND
Not applicable

Settings-sound  slide the slider all the way. Do not check off change sounds with buttons. Also like Verizon stated make sure the mute button is slid to off on the top left of your phone. You must also check that DO NOT DISTURB settings are not on.

If you used the center button recently sometimes it sticks. Press the large button on the bottom and hold it in for a a minute or so.

You can also hold the app control button and the on/off button until the phone does a reset. You will not lose any information.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hulla7142,

Help is my middle name! Let's get your notification sound working properly my friend! First, let's check to verify that the silent switch on the left side of the device isn't deactivated. While you check that may I ask is bluetooth and wifi turned off in the settings menu? If not then please do so and retest the notification sound. Can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on the iPhone 4? If you can share this info along with the iOS and carrier version that's installed onthe device then we can get this resolved. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Settings-sound  slide the slider all the way. Do not check off change sounds with buttons. Also like Verizon stated make sure the mute button is slid to off on the top left of your phone. You must also check that DO NOT DISTURB settings are not on.

If you used the center button recently sometimes it sticks. Press the large button on the bottom and hold it in for a a minute or so.

You can also hold the app control button and the on/off button until the phone does a reset. You will not lose any information.

Good Luck

0 Likes