Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why is 4 S so hard to activate?
suejay
Was so sure I could "do it myself"...not asking for help...tried n tried felt like a failure/dummy. Now to read I'm not alone. Got white 4S 16 on Dec 29 n still not up and running.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is 4 S so hard to activate?
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello suejay!

I understand your frustration with getting your iPhone 4S activated; it shouldn't be a hard task to complete, at all.  I would like to offer some assistance.

I'm including a link with great troubleshooting steps for activating an iPhone device below:

iOS: Troubleshooting carrier activation issues

I hope this helps with activating your iPhone.  Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chescobird

Hi, Sue Jay!

I don't have any suggestions, just sympathy.  I just received my new iPhone and can't get past Step 1 - turning the phone on and following the instructions!  The phone shuts off before anything appears!  I clicked on the link given by Anthony, but got a message that says the site can't be found - frustrating!  Hopefully someone else out there can help!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

The link provided works fine. I just checked it. You might need to try opening the link in a different browser (assuming you're looking on a computer). Otherwise, I was able to open the link in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome so the link is a working one. You can also just go to the Apple.com/support website and type in a few words related to your issue. The results should show you articles meant to help troubleshoot what you might have going on. You also can just call VZW or Apple tech support to help you get through the steps and if it's determined that you have a defective device they can set you up to receive a replacement. Just something to consider...have you allowed your iPhone to charge for awhile just in case the reason it keeps shutting off is because the battery is low?

0 Likes
chescobird

Thanks so much for your suggestions! My husband also has a 4 S, and he was able to help me when he got home from work tonight. The phone battery was fine. I don't know why the link wouldn't work for me, but in the end I didn't need it. I am now up and running and ready to learn how to use all the features of my new phone --I've transferred my contacts, put in a few notes and reminders, set my preferences . . . so far so good!

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

Glad you were able to get things working for you! Enjoy your new iPhone!

0 Likes