Why is Spotlight so inconsistent?
HMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason, Spotlight on my 4S isn't finding information that is readily available although I have checked every search entity in the settings folder.  It does occaisionally work right after using Siri and then enabling Spotlight, but, only once.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Spotlight so inconsistent?
HMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Siri works fine, however, sometimes Spotlight returns results and sometimes it doesn't.  I can engage Spotlight, enter a search query, and it locates all options on my phone.  I can then go out of Spotlight, do something else, engage Spotlight and enter the exact same query and it appears to do nothing.  I've done everyhting you suggested except restoring, which I will try.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Is it not working in relation to Siri (meaning it works if you manually search using spotlight)? Try the usual to see if it helps: resetting, restarting, andd/or restoring your device.

0 Likes
HMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Siri works fine, however, sometimes Spotlight returns results and sometimes it doesn't.  I can engage Spotlight, enter a search query, and it locates all options on my phone.  I can then go out of Spotlight, do something else, engage Spotlight and enter the exact same query and it appears to do nothing.  I've done everyhting you suggested except restoring, which I will try.

0 Likes
jctc

Until Apple fixes this in a future update you can go Settings - General - Spotlight Search and De-select Mail.

It then will not search mail, but at least you can look up contacts etc...

0 Likes