Why is my iPhone 4s saying it is disabled?
jla137

I dropped my iphone  4s and the screen went black, I can not get it turned back on.  I have an Iphone 4s that I had before and it didn't keep a charge very well.  But I want to use it till I can get a replacement.  But when I turned it on it says it is disabled...how can I get this phone to work again?? any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 4s says it is disabled
ttipgem
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
jla137

I just read this and it was helpful, but when I connect my usb to the phone a pop up comes on my computer and says the device can not be recognized?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Did you read the rest of it where it reads ....

If you have never synced your device with iTunes, or you do not have access to a computer

If you see one of following alerts, you need to erase the device:

"iTunes could not connect to the [device] because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the [device] before it can be used with iTunes."
"You haven't chosen to have [device] trust this computer"

If you have Find My iPhone enabled, you can use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

Alternatively, place the device in recovery mode and restore it to erase the device:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jla137,

I wanted to reach out to you to check the status of your iPhone 4s! Let's partner together and get your device working once and for all. May I ask have you tried the steps that ttipgem posted? Thanks ttipgem. If so then what was the results? If you can share the status of the device then we can get you back up and running.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes