Why should I upgrade if it will cost $15 more per month?
TerryWWayne

I've got an iphone 4 with unlimited data, 450 min of talk, and a block of text messages for $75 per month plus tax. I never go over 450 min, usually use less than 300 MB of data, and send/receive less than 200 text messages per month.

When I look at the upgrade options to an iphone 5, the cheapest plan is $90 for 1GB of data and unlimited talk and text. Since I only have 1 phone, I would be paying $15 more per month and receive no useful benefits based on my use pattern.

Is that the best Verizon can do, or is there a better upgrade deal that would better fit my use pattern?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why should I upgrade if it will cost $15 more per month?
TerryWWayne

I talked with Verizon and they explained there are plans for single phone owners. I would only spend about $5 a month more than I currently have (increase to 1000 text messages from 250, and switch to the 2 GB data plan. It is not clear to me why I have to increase the text message plan, but oh well.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

I'm guessing you have a very old plan that they don't offer anymore. Some of the plans you can keep (but not the unlimited data), but if it's one of certain very old plans, they just don't offer it anymore.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

The 450 plan is definitely still offered, but that 250 text plan isn't pretty sure it's only 1000 text plan, as the previous person stated it's just a really old plan, so that may need to be changed, along with the unlimited data obviously, so you should be looking at $5.01 more a month.

The 250 text plan may not fall off, I have a 1500 text plan and when I upgraded it didn't need to be changed.

0 Likes
TerryWWayne

Thank you!

0 Likes
TerryWWayne

Thanks for responding!

0 Likes