Wi-fi not staying connected after ios 6
gary1175

After the update my phone will randomly disconnect from wi-fi.  It does it to every router I've tried it on.  I've tried the solutions I have seen on here but it still does it.  Friend of mine is having the same issue.  I've downloaded the recent update and it still does not work. Can't stream anything because it will drop the wi-fi and try to switch to 3g.  Is it a verizon issue or an apple issue.  Any answers or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-fi not staying connected after ios 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gary1175,

I know how important it is to be able to connect to the internet on your phone. Let's get this issue resolved. What software version are you currently on? There was a small software update that was released after the iOS 6 update. The iOS 6.0.1 will improve your WiFi's connection. Let us know if this improves your signal.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
gary1175

I have iOS 6.0.1 but it still randomly switches to 3G, no matter the wifi signal strength.

0 Likes
KSCrowell

I am having the same exact problem Gary1175 is having.  My husband is experiencing the same issue as well.  None of our other wi-fi devices are having trouble connecting (iPad, etc) and yes we have the most recent software update. Please advise.

0 Likes
BKW77

I just got a replacement 4S from Apple with 6.0.1 already installed and I've already restored twice because it won't connect to WiFi and when I go into settings I don't have the option to turn WiFi on anymore.

0 Likes