Wifi Greyed out on my Iphone.
Sweetie3124
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iphone is having an issue with the wifi. I cannot turn it on. I have had this problem with an iphone and apple had to replace it. I have had this phone for about 6 months and it has done it again. I want to know if there is anyway to fix it because I don' t know that apple will replace it, will Verizon replace it? I am not happy because this will cost me more in data if it is not fixed. What can I do? I have restored the phone and drained the battery like other people have said and that did not fix it.

HELP

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi Greyed out on my Iphone.
Sweetie3124
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I went to the store night before last and they worked on it and couldn't fix it so they are sending me a new phone. So I will be fixed up with wifi again by the end of today.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Take it to an Apple Store.  If it is only 6 months old, then it should still be under the 1 year warranty.

They can take a look and see if there is a hardware problem or a software problem preventing the WiFi from enabling.

0 Likes
Sweetie3124
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was a refurbished phone that they gave me the last time this happened so I don't know if it would be covered under warrranty. I will check with verizon first and then if I need to I will go to the apple store.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sweetie3124 - Let's give you back the power to manage your data! What is the current iOS version on your device? Settings>General>About. When did you originally purchase the iPhone 4S? When was the device last replaced? I look forward to troubleshooting with you!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Sweetie3124
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I went to the store night before last and they worked on it and couldn't fix it so they are sending me a new phone. So I will be fixed up with wifi again by the end of today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's good to see, Sweetie3124. We're here for you if you happen to need any assistance with the replacement. There's also great tips and trick at http://bit.ly/yN1P80 to help with the phone and account.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes