Wifi problems - 7.1 on 4S
consistentlyangryipho

Ever since I downloaded 7.1 for my iPhone 4S, I have not been able to connect to wifi. I have reset my network setting several times, restored my device twice, and I have done a complete reset once. None of those things have worked.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi problems - 7.1 on 4S
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's resolve this! When you completed a reset did you set the device up as new? If not, please restore via iTunes and set up as new here   http://vz.to/1m6UKFh  If unsuccessful, please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pawillia

I'm actually having the same problem right now. It has been grayed out for 3 days now and yesterday i let my phone go dead and when i charged it back up the wifi started working. When i left my home to go to work the wifi stopped working again and isnt working now. Im going to let my phone die again and see what happens. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pawillia,

We don't want you and your phone going through that. Try these steps http://bit.ly/19vT5qz . Once you restore, you should be up and running again. Keep us posted if you're not. In addition, if wi-fi is not showing, please provide us with the complete version number in Settings>General>About and the phone's date of purchase.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
sarar-d

Verizon Wireless Customer Support, I am having this same problem with wi-fi too.  "Wi-Fi" is gray and I cannot slide it to on. it happened before I updated to 7.1.  I updated through iTunes, took off all my pictures (my phone was full, I thought this was the problem), backed up, Reset All Settings and Erased All Content and Settings - no change in wi-fi.  I still cannot turn it on.  How can I send you my phone info you requested above?  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get you back in action sarar-d ASAP! Since the Hard Reset did not correct the issue, then we'll need to look into replacement options. Has there been any physical/water damage? How long have you had the device? Please accept my follow request and send a Direct Message to access the details.

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
sarar-d

There is no damage at all and I ordered this phone 1/11/2013. The version

is 7.1 (11D167), Model is MD276LL/A, and Serial Number is C8PJXJJXDTF9..

First, it would not pick up my wifi at my house, and then the wifi line

turned gray and I could not move the switch. This started last Wednesday

Please help! I see that this is a common problem, and I hope I can get it

resolved! Thanks!

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 6:27 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
sweetbeans

We have three iPhone 4s in my family and two of them were upgraded to iOS 7.1 and one was not.  The phone that was not upgraded accesses our home Wifi perfectly fine and the other 2 cannot detect Wifi at home or ANYWHERE else.  We have tried resetting the Wifi Router with no success.  We have tried using Reset Network Settings on the phones with no success. As both phones are doing the same thing and the other phone is fine, this is definitely an iOS 7.1 issue.  I want to know if the Hard Reset is a proven solution to this particular problem before I go through the trouble of implementing it. I'm not crazy about doing this as a "stab in the dark".  Has this worked for anyone else?  Thanks.

0 Likes
sarar-d

My wifi issue happened before the 7.1 upgrade. I searched this problem on the internet and it has been happening for almost a year a half.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand being weary about a Hard Reset sweetbeans! I'm sorry you're having this issue since the update on your two devices. Is the WiFi button completely grayed out or are you simply unable to connect? What error do you get? (Let's get these details before the Reset.)

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes