Wifi tether
JAHOLLAWAY

What do you have to do to give your iPhone 4 the ability to be a wifi hotspot?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi tether
Not applicable

call customer service at *611 or 800-922-0204 and have the add it onto your line where the iPhone is located.

I believe it costs $20 a month for 2GB of data.

after its on your device go to Settings-Personal Hot Spot  the ssid of the phone can be changed from Iphone and you have to set up your own password.  When the hotspot is on you would connect to it via doing a search for your phone network name and entering the password.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

That depends on which data plan you have.  If you are on Share Everything, the tethering and hotspot feature is already included for no additional cost.  If you have unlimited data, you must pay for the Verizon hotspot/tethering feature.  It is $20 for 2GB and $30 for unlimited if they are still offering that, I'm not sure.  If you are on a tiered data plan, you can download a 3rd party app and get free hotspot/tethering if you can find one that works on your phone and with your operating system.  I have the $30 unlimited hotspot/tethering plan on my Droid Razr Maxx and it is great.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For 3G only smartphones, it is $20 for 2 GB of mobile hotspot data if the customer has the unlimited data plan.

If the customer has a 4G smartphone and the unlimited data plan, they can add the mobile hotspot feature for $30 of unlimited data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes