Will I be able to use my SIM card to activate a new device?
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.

If I were to get an Apple iPhone 6 or a Samsung S6 Galaxy Edge from an old Apple iPhone 4S, would I just reuse iPhone 4S' old SIM card into one of these newer smartphones without having to do anything else? Or is there something else I have to do for Verizon Wireless service?

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Going from an old Apple iPhone 4S to an Apple iPhone 6/a Samsung S6 Galaxy Edge...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ant,

Getting a new phone is always an exciting time. Based on the type of sim card used for the iPhone 4s you would not be able to use it for the other phones. The other phones are 4g devices so it would not be compatable. The best option would be to order a new sim card for the phone to insure that it will work in your new phone. You have the option of going into one our local stores http://vz.to/ZTiQgR or we can order the sim card for you to arrive in the mail within 3 to 5 days. If you need any additional assistance please feel free to message us again. We are here to help.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: Going from an old Apple iPhone 4S to an Apple iPhone 6/a Samsung S6 Galaxy Edge...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need a new SIM card. The SIM card in the iPhone 4S was for international use only. You need a new 4G LTE SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ant,

Getting a new phone is always an exciting time. Based on the type of sim card used for the iPhone 4s you would not be able to use it for the other phones. The other phones are 4g devices so it would not be compatable. The best option would be to order a new sim card for the phone to insure that it will work in your new phone. You have the option of going into one our local stores http://vz.to/ZTiQgR or we can order the sim card for you to arrive in the mail within 3 to 5 days. If you need any additional assistance please feel free to message us again. We are here to help.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Before you switch away from iPhone you should turn iMessage 'OFF'.

Ant
Contributor - Level 2

sprmankalel wrote:

Why?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So that you an properly send and receive messages. You should disable iMessage on ALL of your Apple devices.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Ant wrote:

sprmankalel wrote:

Why?

If you move from an iPhone to an android device without first disabling iMessage, anyone with an iPhone would still see your iMessage acct as active and attempt to send the message as an iMessages. iMessages cannot be received by non-Apple devices. If you disable iMessage on your iPhone when changing platforms, other iPhones using iMessage will see the iMessage acct as disabled and send the message as an SMS/MMS which can be received by your android device.Smiley Happy