Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will Verizon let me activate a blacklisted Verizon iPhone if I proof of purchase from original owner?
mike1110

To make a long story very short, I received an iPhone for Verizon from Craigslist (yes, I know you're initial thought here, but read on). Anyway, because CL is a known for scammers, I wrote up a contract that basically says that the iPhone now belongs to me and that the other individual was the original owner. The contract also made clear that the iPhone was not stolen and had a clean ESN. To be safe, I even added that by signing, he understands that he is not to claim it as stolen after the date the contract was signed.

So here is where the problem lies, turns out when I went to register it (*228 and the whole 9 yards), it is listed as lost/stolen by the individual who i received it from. If I present Verizon with this signed dated contract, that includes the ESN of the iphone, his name, and signature, will they allow me to activate it? Or, will they take legal action and think that I stole the device?

Sorry that was so long but thank you in advance for your input!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon let me activate a blacklisted Verizon iPhone if I proof of purchase from original owner?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Nope they will not activate it. End of story. You now have an iPod and who knows what VZW will do.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon let me activate a blacklisted Verizon iPhone if I proof of purchase from original owner?
bigtitan
Novice

IF the device wasn't already reported to you as being a stolen device, I'd reccomend selling it and being honest about the bad ESN...unfortuantely, since you tried and they already told you it is registered as stolen, there isn't much you can do and nothign VZW will do that will be in your favor.  Since you know its stolen, best thing youc an do at this point is turn it in to Verizon and/or the police.   If the person you purchased it from is the person who has the phone registered as stolen, perhaps you have a small claims case against that individual....good luck.

0 Likes