Won't sync, Can't update
shawnmm

I have tried everything under the sun! It freezes on syncing and can successfully complete. I get the error message "The iPhone software server could not be contacted". I have researched and tried everything I could find out there, including unistalling iTunes and installing latest version on my computer. My son tried the manual update. I am stuck at iOS 4.2 and have been trying to update for almost a year Smiley Sad Willing to try anything! HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Won't sync, Can't update
shawnmm

So, someone from Verizon responded to my email. I did what he told me to do, and got the same message Smiley Sad Getting tired of apps telling me I can't update them because I need iOS 5 Smiley Sad I'm stuck on 4.2! This is the message....and it came up when I tried to manually update my iTunes like they told me to...the same message I get no matter what I am trying to do with my phone anymore Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, shawnmm-

A year to wait on an update is a long wait! You are very patient! Apple does control all software updates and are best equipped to see what conflicts exist in order to resolve this for you. I recommend reach out at www.apple.com/support to reach technical support. I want to see this addressed for you, please keep me posted.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shawnmm

I was lucky enough for Apple to walk me through all their recommended steps last night via conference call with a tech from Apple and a tech from Verizon, but this did not resolve the issue. I uninstalled my antivirus/firewall programs and the Apple/iTunes programs as instructed, and in the order instructed and downloaded and installed the current version on iTunes using Internet Explorer, and still cannot update my phone. Had I been informed of the $39 plan I could have purchased when I signed up with Verizon, I would have bought it. So I was not entitled to the free tech help they provided me last night. So now I am stuck with a phone I can't update until it's time to upgrade, and many of my applications are starting to require me to have the current update installed in order to update the applications.

I doubt my phone will be useable all the way up to upgrade eligibility Smiley Sad

Shawn

0 Likes