Yahoo! Mail Push Troubles
fromo

I noticed yesterday that my mail from Yahoo! is not being pushed to my iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1) anymore. I tried a number of troubleshooting tips: Rebooted iPhone, Removed/Added Yahoo! Account, Toggled Push and Notification settings multiple times and have had no success with getting my emails pushed to my phone.  Has anyone had this issue recently or have any suggestions on how I can fix this?  I will gladly provide any additional details needed to work towards a resolution.

Thanks very much,

Mark

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yahoo! Mail Push Troubles
kdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same problem with Yahoo! mail & Yahoo! calendar

0 Likes
pensfan0782
Contributor - Level 1

I've always had this problem. Here's what I did to "fix" it.

Your phone can check your mail two different ways. PUSH is when your phone is constantly checking for mail. As soon as you get it, your phone alerts you. FETCH is when your phone checks it on a schedule -- Every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hourly, or manually.

PUSH doesn't work with all mail servers. Actually, supposedly only a few, Yahoo being one of them. Well, they say it works with Yahoo but there are clearly issues.

I turned PUSH off and have my phone FETCH every 15 minutes. I'm not a business man. I don't rely on email as I would a text or phone call. I am more than happy getting my mail every 15 minutes as opposed to instantly (or not at all, for that matter). I now get my mail just like I would any other notification, and haven't had a problem with fetch since I turned off push a few months ago.

Hope this helps, which it should, as long as you don't NEED your mail instantly.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks to the community for responding with suggestions.

@fromo I too am a Yahoo! user and get my mail delivered to my phone. Some people have been experiencing what you are going through with Yahoo! Besides what was referenced from the community, I would also suggest downloading the Yahoo! Mail app from the app store. These two resolutions will help in getting your mail to your phone promptly. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ladib

I've been having the same problem for the last 2 weeks.

0 Likes
elisalyn

Same issue.  I changed the setting to 'Push', it didn't fix the issue until I turned the phone off and on again and now it is working.

0 Likes