Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alert sound for text
fairbanksca

MY 4S phone sometimes will sound an alert when I receive a text and sometimes it will not.  No setting has changed and can be a different person with a different alert sound.  What can I do do fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: alert sound for text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@fairbanksca,

Never fear help is here! Getting those text message alerts is definitely important. I don't want you to miss any important text messages. Text messaging is my main means of communication so I definitely understand your concern.

My brother had this same issue and we found a solution. You just need to make sure some settings are correct.

Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Turn assistive touch "ON">Click home button>Tap on the White circle in the top left hand of screen (assistive touch button)>tap device>tap un-mute> Test the resolution> disable assistive touch following the steps listed earlier> then test again.

If this does not help you will need to perform a backup/restore via iTunes http://vz.to/ZIbIge. Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes