blocking calls
blc

How can I set up the iphone4s to block or ignore certain calls?

blc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blocking calls
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Log into My Verizon and click on block calls. You can add 5 numbers (must be actual phone numbers and not those short code numbers) for free. You can also subscribe to Usage Controls if you need more than that or want more flexibility. I believe it costs $4.99/month. I only added it to my account for one day to see what it did once it was finally available for the iPhone, but I removed it because I really didn't have a need for it.

0 Likes
carebear1812

is there any way to find out if the calls on your call logs are verizon users.. sorry to bring up att but they used to have a ( i think it was called a reverse look up to see if the numbers were att users does verizon have anything like that

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

carebear1812 wrote:

is there any way to find out if the calls on your call logs are verizon users.. sorry to bring up att but they used to have a ( i think it was called a reverse look up to see if the numbers were att users does verizon have anything like that

Try out a app on the market called "Reverse Lookup" it will identify the users carrier also...

blc wrote:

How can I set up the iphone4s to block or ignore certain calls?

blc

Add numbers on the Block List at link below...

https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/messageIntercept/messageInterceptHome.action

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Calls to other Verizon Wireless phones would be listed as M2M (mobile to mobile) in your call log under your MyVerizon account.

There is a website with Verizon Wireless where you can check if a phone number is a Verizon Wireless number. or do you remember where that link is to check for VZW phone numbers?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link for checking Verizon #'s is http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/LNPControllerServlet?path=lnppromo1

And I found another cool tool for looking up any cell # - it will tell you CURRENT carrier, and PREVIOUS carrier if it has been ported.  I tried it with my son's # that he ported from Verizon to AT&T, and it got it right, as well as city and state for location.  http://tnid.us/

HTH,

Message was edited by: SuzyQ

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Suzy, that second link is cool! It got most of the history of my cell phone number right too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried

WhitePages Reverse Phone Lookup iPhone App

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi blc!

I understand the need to be able to block unwanted calls and/or texts.

Thanks to the Community for all the great feedback & suggestions!  I would like to provide you a link with multiple blocking and Safeguard options here.

Hope this helps!

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes