can't roam with prepaid
zugbtar

Thought I’d try the Verizon prepaid plan, I’m well within
the roaming area shown on the prepaid map but can’t make a call or text.  I have contacted Verizon and US Cellular and
both say they think they have roaming agreements between the two carriers.  I have occasionally received phone calls
while within the roaming area but can’t make an outgoing call or text.  I have excess funds in my account while
attempting to call, have updated with *228 and still can’t call out thru the
roaming carrier (US Cellular).  I have
emailed US Cellular and as far as they’re concerned I should be able to make a
call.    Has anyone else encountered this
issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't roam with prepaid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zugbtar,
I'm confident our prepaid department can get to the bottom of this! Please reach out at 888-294-6804 for additional assistance. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zugbtar,
I'm confident our prepaid department can get to the bottom of this! Please reach out at 888-294-6804 for additional assistance. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
Jochi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't count on anyone at Verizon letting you know why you cannot phone out while in a roaming area with your prepaid Verizon phone.  I went through this last year when I changed from regular verizon to prepaid ($100 for a year prepaid plan).  I was able to make calls for many years from my roaming location where I lived from my regular verizon account.  As soon as I changed to a prepaid Verizon, I could receive calls but could not make any calls out from my roaming location.  I talked to dozens of Verizon customer service reps to no avail.  I wanted my money back since I could not make calls from home.  They would not do that.  After hours and hours (I wanted some type of satisfaction) of talking to Verizon reps, I asked if I could get my contract extended for a year.  They did not want to do that either.  Finally after more hours of talking to numerous Verizon reps, one of them finally agreed to give me a year extension on my contract.  I accepted that because I figured I could use at least some of the time for calls when I travel into Verizon non-roaming areas.  I now have a US Cellular phone to use when I am at home.

prowoody
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue and I am angry. I am going to go after verizon for this false advertising. I commute a lot and a phone which won't let me send or receive any calls is utterly useless.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

prowoody,

Woah! Hold up, we're here to help.  When did this start happening?  Have you updated your phone recently with *228 send and option 2?  Let us know the details please.  You can always check with our prepaid department for the best assistance as well; 888-294-6804.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
jd518
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried all of your suggestions, and all were not at all helpful. I assume that the service is so bad because I have a prepaid account. I hope that Verizon treats the postpaid customers better than this.