can't send email
charlotte42

All of a sudden I can't send emails, I can receive them but it keeps saying wrong username or password when I send one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't send email
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry your having issues sending emails from your iPhone. I'm always on my phone checking email and replying to friends so I know how important is it to have it working properly.  Don't worry cause I'm here to help.

There are a few things you can try to get this fixed. Try restarting your device. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider.

If that doesn't help then delete the email account from Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then add the email account back on the device.  

If you are still getting an error messaging when sending an email you may want to log in to your email provider's website to ensure that the account is active and the password is correct. If you recently changed your email password you need to make sure you update the new password on the phone as well. To update the email password on your phone go to Settings > mail, Contacts, Calendar > Click on your email account under Accounts > Click on the account again > Click on Password, enter the new password and save.

If you are still unable to send email after following the suggestion above, please let us know and we'll be more then happy to further assist you.

0 Likes