cant send/receive calls/text
C0M0m2

New iphone 4s.  Worked for a week and then stopped receiving calls/text.  Took back to best buy and international setting was on.  Tech turned it off and phone worked for about 2 hours and then stopped again. Many posts about same issue with this phone posted online. Is the phone just junk?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cant send/receive calls/text
Not applicable

C0M0m2, the iPhone 4S is a great device! I want to make sure we get yours working correctly so that you can be able to use it to its full potential. What happens when you try to make a call or send text? Are you showing signal on your phone? If you have signal, please dial *228 option 2 and reboot your phone. If no change, please reset your network settings by going to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Let me know if you continue to have issues with your phone.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mornsky

I don't know where the other person is at but I'm having the same problem. I tried calling support but they need you to call back from a diff phone and nobodys here to do that. I've had "no service" issues all am. I've  rebooted, *228 option 2 and done all the regular fixes I could find. It will get service then drop it or say roaming. I tried to find out if verizon had issues in the bay area but can't find that info either. I'm feeling extremely frustrated!!! Help My phone isn't new and has never had this problem.

0 Likes
C0M0m2

The problem was with the phone. Since getting new replacement phone, the phone has worked fine at home.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

0 Likes
mornsky

Not mine. It's either searching, roaming or "no service".  I'm debating going up to the verizon store but if it is a network issue I'd just be wasting my time and the verizon stores are usually crowded meaning long waits just to find out if the network is down.

0 Likes
C0M0m2

The thing was with this phone was that it worked once we got away from the

house. It didn't work at home but the rest of our Verizon phones worked.

They verified our address was blanketed by coverage. With that knowledge,

they determined it was a phone issue. If your phone works everywhere but in

a specific area and you have done all the troubleshooting, chances are it is

your phone.

0 Likes
mornsky

I've had my phone almost a year and it's worked both in and outside. Today it's intermittent. Right now it says no service. 20 minutes ago it was working. I switched from sprint to verizon because sprint was dropping calls continually. Verizon has really been pretty good. (prob had them 4 yrs now) until today. When I went out earlier it had no connection, then a intermittant one. Thats what makes me wonder if it is the service in the bay area that is having the issue. I wish the support person on here would respond.

0 Likes
mornsky

I also just ran a field test. My initial number was -96 which means almost no connection. THen it moved to -90 which means ok for calls, not for data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how important it is to have a strong and reliable signal, mornsky! I will do all I can to ensure that this happens. I understand that I'm a bit delayed with my response, but are you still having problems with your service? If so, did you check your network settings?

The next best step would be to complete a soft reset. Hold down the power and menu button simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears. Let me know if this helps.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mornsky

Chauncy,

I’ve done the soft reset *228 option 2 and everything I could think of. Verizon’s answer on Monday was that I am on the edge of service area and that as they get more Verizon customers the signal degrades. I was offered a indoor repeater of sorts(can’t remember what they called it) at 100 dollars off. It would still cost me 149+ and to be honest I feel I already pay a decent amount monthly to Verizon. My feeling is if they are increasing customers on Verizon they need to secure wireless towers beforehand so existing customers aren’t stuck out in the cold.

Erin

0 Likes