contacts
dillon22222
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I used backup assist, I was asked to synch w/ Facebook & I made the mistake of saying yes....I say mistake because it gave me a bunch of contacts I didn't really want.  So, I went through my phone & cleaned up the contacts to show ONLY the ones I wanted.  I then went to backup assist online & deleted all contacts.  This way I figured when I synched backup assist, it would take all my phone contacts & back up to the online contacts.  I was wrong!  It deleted 90% of my good contacts that were on my phone.  They aren't in the phone or online (yes I made the mistake of permanently deleting from online).  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: contacts
Snn5
Legend

If they are gone from the phone and from the cloud/backup.....they are gone forever.  Start using MSN or Google or Yahoo for your email or contacts that way you can auto save them to one and it will sync to your phone when you add accounts.  Also, you can make a back up and import it to a SIM or a file that you can upload to the cloud of your choice and export back to your phone as well should you ever have this happen again.

View solution in original post

dillon22222
Enthusiast - Level 1

any hope of getting contacts back?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unless you saved them elsewhere, like an email account, then they are gone.  If you delete from the phone and online, there is nothing to sync either way to or from.

0 Likes
dillon22222
Enthusiast - Level 1

they were on my phone until I did the synch & then they were erased

so now they are in neither place, so I'm screwed right?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If they are gone from the phone and from the cloud/backup.....they are gone forever.  Start using MSN or Google or Yahoo for your email or contacts that way you can auto save them to one and it will sync to your phone when you add accounts.  Also, you can make a back up and import it to a SIM or a file that you can upload to the cloud of your choice and export back to your phone as well should you ever have this happen again.