does a vzw SIM unlocked iPhone 4s work on hspa+ networks?
twm53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Traveling with my old unlocked verizon iphone 4s - it worked fine overseas on 3G network. I need to know if  it also will work on HSPA+ networks?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: does a vzw SIM unlocked iPhone 4s work on hspa  networks?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion, twm53. The Verizon Wireless iPhone 4s does not support HSPA . It does, however, support the following network technologies:

• CDMA
  • 1x EVDO 800/1900 mHz
  • Global GSM
  • Dual Band 900/1800 Mhz
  • Quad Band 850/900/1800/1900 mHz
  • Rev A Capable
  • UMTS/HSDPA
  • UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

In order to unlock an iPhone 4s for use with a local SIM internationally, it will need to be activated onto your active Verizon Wireless account. Our Global Team at 800-711-8300 can assist you while you're still in the U.S. with the process.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: does a vzw SIM unlocked iPhone 4s work on hspa networks?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

twm53,

Great question! We have a great tool you can use to plan a trip and check device compatibility for any location you may travel to. Check out our interactive Trip Planner: http://vz.to/1jafY4M

Have a great trip!

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
twm53
Enthusiast - Level 3

I left before reading this but it barely answers the question - it more or less is trying to sell us on verizon global services which are a complete rip off. I'll never understand why you support people cannot give a straight answer - Yes, the 4S in Canada will connect to HSPA+ or No, it will just connect to 3G.  Simple, but no you all give vague replies and references to charts that rarely answer the question.

But, I can see the confusion, I stated the phone was my old 4S - I should have qualified that it is my no longer active VZW 4S, I'm currently using a 5S on VZW here in the US. I know the 5S is unlocked for international use, but nano SIMs are not always available for prepaid service. So I always bring my 4S since I can usually find micro SIMs or regular SIMs and cut them down to fit which worked fine in Mexico.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion, twm53. The Verizon Wireless iPhone 4s does not support HSPA . It does, however, support the following network technologies:

• CDMA
  • 1x EVDO 800/1900 mHz
  • Global GSM
  • Dual Band 900/1800 Mhz
  • Quad Band 850/900/1800/1900 mHz
  • Rev A Capable
  • UMTS/HSDPA
  • UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

In order to unlock an iPhone 4s for use with a local SIM internationally, it will need to be activated onto your active Verizon Wireless account. Our Global Team at 800-711-8300 can assist you while you're still in the U.S. with the process.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes