duplicate messages
ardenb

how do i get my iphone to stop sending repeat messages to people?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: duplicate messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ardenb,

Duplicate or repeat messages are no fun. Does your iPhone device have the iMessage option enabled? This may cause duplicate messages as it will send a text message from the cellular part of the network and may send also via data if your recipient has iPhone as well.
Please disable iMessage http://goo.gl/T7j4C and test. Also reprogram your device by dialing *228 option 1 and then power Off/On. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
lilesj

I am having this same probolem.  Numerous people have received duplicate messages from my phone. iMessage is not enabled on my phone.  Is this a problem with my phone or the service in my area.  It has caused many problems with sending messages that I do not know about.

0 Likes
supergluzie

I am having the same problem, too! The people who tell me they have received duplicate messages from me are not on Verizon and do not use iPhones. Is this a problem with the device or with Verizon? I'm not sure where to go to fix it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello supergluzie,

Let's make sure your messages are being delivered properly!  Is this happening with all messages or just randomly?  Does it happen consistently with certain contacts or again just random?  Try deleting the entire message thread to one of your contacts that is receiving duplicates and retry a new message.  I am eager to continue troubleshooting to make sure this gets resolved!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes