how can you get text sent from a phone on your account to your email?
jsawyer2127

I need to know i can see what is being sent in text by a phone on my account or the number that is being texted but i dont know how

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can you get text sent from a phone on your account to your email?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The title of your post isn't the same as the post, so I'm a bit confused.  If you want to see the numbers being texted by phones on your account, log into your on-line MyVerizon account (assuming you are the Account Owner and logged in as such) and click the blue Usage Details.  Select the appropriate line at the top of the page (if applicable) and then under the table showing text usage, click the blue View Messaging Details.  However, texts sent/received via iMessage won't show up since they don't go through Verizon's system.

If you want texts sent to your e-mail, you should be able to forward them.  If it's another phone on your account that you're wanting those texts sent to your e-mail, there may be an app for that, but I'm not sure.  With Androids, you can get apps that back up text messages and then forward them to your e-mail; I don't know if there's a similar iPhone app or not.

0 Likes
jessicaleighbennett

wow! this is what im taliking about!! i cant see why this is possible!! unless its a parent and their kids phones!! nothing good can come from this, ability!  does that mean the acct holder, or primary can also send texts from other lines numbers, since they can rreceive them?  wow!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

jessicaleighbennett wrote:

does that mean the acct holder, or primary can also send texts from other lines numbers, since they can rreceive them?  wow!

No, you cannot. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jsawyer2127!

Keeping up with activity on the other lines of your account is extremely important. And we definitely do everything we can to allow you to keep a tap on things. In fact, we provide a service that I hope will help out a great deal.

What I'm referring to is viewing your usage details. Now, you won't be able to view actual content from text messages as this is a privacy law we must abide by, however, you can view detail including the number texted, the number texting, and times which the text was sent. To view this, stop by http://bit.ly/xB4iTc and select "View Usage" to get started.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes