how to unlock 4s for international use?
razor1812

I bought a verizon 4s on ebay,but it  can't  accept my country's SIM card, the website shows"It appears you would like to activate your recently purchased device. Please sign in to My Verizon to complete your new device activation Activate My New Device".

How do I solve this problem?if anyone can help me I can provide my IMEI number,thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to unlock 4s for international use?
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds as if you have a new iPhone 5 which is currently activated on the line the iPhone 4S used to be active on.

If so, THAT is the reason Verizon will not unlock your iPhone 4S. Before Verizon will unlock the 4S it has to be active on a Verizon line of service. Simply reactivate the iPhone 4S back in place of the iPhone 5 and then request an unlock for it. After the unlock has been performed, activate the iPhone 5 again.Smiley Happy Contact Global Support to issue the unlock @ 908-559-4899.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon must unlock the device before it will accept your SIM card.

Unfortunately, Verizon will not unlock it unless it is active on a Verizon plan and that plan has been in place for at least 60 days.

Your best course of action would be to sell the phone via eBay or similar site and then purchase one which is already unlocked.

Good luck.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You can also seek out a third party unlocker and purchase an unlocking code.

0 Likes
boom12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a verizon 4S with verizon and I am done with my 2 year contract, but still verizon will not unlock it for me. I do not know why?

The asked me to trade in but I do not want to.

I have a new iphone 5 with them, but they will not unlock it.

That is verizon

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

boom12, Why is your story different in this post versus your other post?

Do you meet the unlocking criteria?
Also, please don't post similar questions multiple times.  Stick to one thread.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds as if you have a new iPhone 5 which is currently activated on the line the iPhone 4S used to be active on.

If so, THAT is the reason Verizon will not unlock your iPhone 4S. Before Verizon will unlock the 4S it has to be active on a Verizon line of service. Simply reactivate the iPhone 4S back in place of the iPhone 5 and then request an unlock for it. After the unlock has been performed, activate the iPhone 5 again.Smiley Happy Contact Global Support to issue the unlock @ 908-559-4899.

0 Likes
boom12
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you say unlock, do you mean that Verizon will give me a code or it is only unlocking in the Verizon server or system. I am checking the IMEI on the internet and it shows it is LOCKED.

So, how the unlock looks like? A code or what? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: how to unlock 4s for international use¿
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there boom12!

I completely understand wanting to unlock your previous device for global use! I will be delighted to review the options of doing so. Thank you to the community for provided some great information. In order for our Global Support Team to generate the unlock code for your phone it has to be active on the account. Once the code has been generated and completed on your iPhone 4s you can reactivate your iPhone 5. If you're in the U.S. you can reach our Global Support Team at 800-711-8300 or 001-908-559-4899 if outside the country.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
boom12
Enthusiast - Level 1

when you say the unlock code is generated, does this mean I physically get an unlock code from verizon to insert it in the phone or the unlock code is generated in Verizon server only.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boom12,

Awesome question. The unlock code we generate is done in our server for your device.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport