i have an iphone 4s. I am in Red Oak Iowa and I am unable to call or text.
whyteh2o

i have an iphone 4s.  I am in Red Oak Iowa and I am unable to call or text.  I have spoken to verizon customer service.  They instructed me to go to the nearest verizon tower (15 miles north) and call *228 and hit option 2 to update my roaming settings.  I have done this yet when I go back to the exteneded roaming area I am still unable to make call or texts.  can anyone help?  Verizon really sucks....I wish I had stayed with US Cellular.

<< This post was moved for better exposure >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i have an iphone 4s. I am in Red Oak Iowa and I am unable to call or text.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Red Oak, IA is located in dead zone of 3G coverage for Verizon Wireless. You should be able to make voice calls and texts there though. I would suggest reprogramming the phone the next time you are located in a native Verizon Wireless network area. Any where along I-80 between Des Moines and Omaha should work. When you are in that area dial *228, option 1, reboot the phone and dial *228, option 2. I would then resist dialing either code within the extended service area as you will likely connect to another carrier's tower and reduce your phone's access to all towers in the area.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes