Re: iMessage not working - stuck on "waiting for activation"
ruffoam

hi,

could you be able to help me as well. I am having the same exact issues

0 Likes
kcutiepie2k3

I am having same exact issues, I have been googling and trying to fix this for the last day and a half.. I'm pretty sure I have tried just about everything. 

Christina B, can you please help me???

0 Likes
justwicked

Yup - also having the same issue..

I have an iPhone 4s and I have:

done a restore twice

upgraded to the latest s/w

edited/checked/triple checked my apple ID

tried starting imessage without logging into apple ID (as well as with)

checked my auto time update

edited my info (and done the 'test' as my info)

deleted my info out of contacts completely

done another restore and finally....

Apple gave me a brand new iPhone 4s today and STILL IT WON'T WORK

would someone please fix this already!

0 Likes
jslucky33

I am also having this exact same issue. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated!

0 Likes
sanibelshells09

Same thing is happening with my iPhone 4S! Imessage won't work even to people that I am normally able to imessage. One website told me to try changing the DNS on my wifi to 8.8.8.8 but that didn't work. I also tried turning my phone on and off again. I have not yet tried restoring the settings I want to avoid that if possible.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure why anyone is having any trouble or what may have happened but if it is solely an iMessage issue you may need to contact Apple directly for troubleshooting. I personally have not experienced any issues with iMessages (to VZW customers or other carriers) so I imagine it's not a complete system wide issue, but if you are only having trouble with iMessages I would imagine it would be an issue that Apple would need to look in to. The person that says Apple gave them a new iPhone 4s and the issue still existed...did they tell you the reason they were giving you a new iPhone? Did they test the issue while you were in the store getting your new 4s (unless it was mailed to you) and were they able to get it to work before you walked out of the store only to have the issue reappear? I would recommend contacting Apple again since for whatever reason they saw fit to replace your 4s with a new one...and since the new one isn't working it seems to say that it isn't a hardware issue. Maybe a server issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello everyone! I regret to hear that so many people are having issues with iMessage activating. If the previous steps of disabling/re-enabling iMessage, rebooting, and restoring the device have not resolved this it may be more than a device issue. Are you able to access other Apple services like Siri (iPhone 4S) or Facetime? If you are not able to access these either, then it sounds like this is a problem accessing Apple's servers. In this case, I suggest contacting Apple at 800-275-2273 directly as they may need to troubleshoot an issue with their activation server for your number.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kholmes3

wish someone could figure this all out.  i'm having similar issues ever since i updated to the new software. imessage doesn't work, facetime fails and my push notifications aren't working either.  i went to the apple store today and the first thing they asked me was "do you have verizon"? i said yes and they said it's a verizon problem that is supposedly being worked on.

0 Likes
ctereyla

I'm having the same problem too, has anyone had this problem and then had it corrected?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ctereyla, I'm sorry you're having issues with iMessage. I understand the importance of using this feature on your device. Make sure you haven't accidentally disabled the iMessage functionality in message settings. You want to also reset the device. Here's a link to the reset: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430 . Please keep us posted with your results. ^KH

0 Likes