Re: iOS 5 Upgrade Problems and Solutions
twistedmind09

another one here (3200), did anyone have an answer yet??

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I decided to test the update out on my iPod Touch first before doing it on my iPhone...got the 3200 error also. Assuming there is no issue with your security software (causing it to block ports needed) and you have restarted your computer you can try seeing if restarting your device before plugging it back in and attempting the update works. It worked for me...it's just taking a long time to restore my apps. Like I said, this was with my iPod Touch, not my iPhone. I'll  try that as soon as the iPod Touch completes.

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

Anybody know how to remove the new NEWSSTAND and VIDEO icons from the desktop? I tried iTunes and the making them shake thing - no luck.

Sorry - wrong thread

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

24c wrote:

Anybody know how to remove the new NEWSSTAND and VIDEO icons from the desktop? I tried iTunes and the making them shake thing - no luck.

Sorry - wrong thread

You probably can't remove those as they are native to the iOS (Just like several other icons that can not be deleted). You can "hide" them by placing them in a folder you create for those apps you don't wish to see on the screen, but that's about it,

0 Likes
UrCoffinOrMine

I'm having an issue with it saying that the netork connection timed out.  The first time I tried to download it it sayd I had two hours, after it got to 1 hour it stopped and said network hour.  Now every time I plug it in it says I have 10 hours or more and I'll get a network error not even five minutes after it's been plugged in.  I've reset from my iphone, restarted my computer, restarted my iphone.  I've updated my windows and I've turned off my firewall just in case.

Does anyone have any insite on what the problem could be?

0 Likes
NAMO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I struggled all day with this until I found this link... it worked the first time.

http://theapplegoogle.com/2011/10/how-to-fix-itunes-error-3200-for-ios-5/

Good Luck...

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

kaebfly wrote:

You probably can't remove those as they are native to the iOS (Just like several other icons that can not be deleted). You can "hide" them by placing them in a folder you create for those apps you don't wish to see on the screen, but that's about it,

Exactly what I ended up doing - thanks.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I got the error once and was able to complete process after powering my phone off and restarting. Have you tried looking at the link I provided to see if any of the solutions helped? (I think I posted the link in this thread...if not I will). I assume iTunes is up to date...as far as the time...if your network is running slowly that may be part of the issue, but I wouldn't expect it to truly stay at 10 hrs for long. Mine started out saying 19 hrs....it took around 30 minutes to complete (including the time it timed out). My iPod took much longer but I have a 64 GB iPod Touch that is almost full and had several full length movies in addition to 3,750 songs so I expected the restore to be lengthy.

Here is the link: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

If you are getting the error message 3200 then the suggested solution would be the for the error range in the 3,000's. For whatever reason, the 3200 error isn't addressed directly in the article, but perhaps the link someone else posted may better address the issue.

0 Likes
UrCoffinOrMine

Yes I looked at the link and that's why i updated windows and unplugged my laptop cooling fan so I wouldn't have anything in another usb port.

I guess I could try to temporarily turn off my security.  I don't really know about the firmware for my router, but I'm assuming it's up to date.  I recently got Fios, and every time I mess with it something goes wrong lol.

0 Likes
mwylie

I'm getting the same thing! Nearly 1/2 my memory reserved for "other." Not sure how to get rid of this. Any help?

0 Likes