Re: iOS 5 Upgrade Problems and Solutions
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

mwylie wrote:

I'm getting the same thing! Nearly 1/2 my memory reserved for "other." Not sure how to get rid of this. Any help?

Was it like that after your update completed? Or are you seeing it while it is restoring? If it's while it's restoring it should go back to normal. My iPhone while restoring had 40GB of "Other"....yet I only have a 32 GB iPhone lol. It showed an warning that I was exceeding my capacity...but once it was finished it was back to normal. If when it's done it's not back to normal just try the usual (reset/restore) and see if it fixes it. This used to happen with iPods a lot....no clue why, but usually, resetting or restoring cleared it back up.

0 Likes
angelou0839

Keep getting "device isn't eligible for the requested build" is there a reason for this? 

I have rest my phone (erased data, default settings)

updated itunes

restarted computer

dont know what else to do!! Any tips or advice??

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

angelou0839 wrote:

Keep getting "device isn't eligible for the requested build" is there a reason for this? 

I have rest my phone (erased data, default settings)

updated itunes

restarted computer

dont know what else to do!! Any tips or advice??

Look at this article http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694 and see if the first section that specifically addresses those that get the "device isn't eligible for the requested build"....especially if you did any unauthorize mods to your iPhone previously (like jailbreaking).

0 Likes
djdestasio11

The upgrade went fine for me, but my phone will not activate. I keep getting a message "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes..." 

I've tried iTunes and have been trying to get it activated since 9pm last night. What gives?

0 Likes
jyates20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded iOS 5 to my iPhone 4 last night. Everything went well except for my purchased ringtones did not sync to my phone. I can see the purchased ringtones in my iTunes and they are checked to sync to my phone. I restarted my phone and the ringtones were not there. I even restarted my computer and iTunes and tried syncing my ringtones again but they were not on my phone. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated:smileywink:

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

Before the upgrade I had 2 Photo Albums - Camera Roll and Photo Library. I now have a 3rd Album, iTunes, which is identical to Photo Library.

I keep my iPhone photos in a folder named iTunes on my data drive. I have iTunes set to sync that folder with my phone.

This was my 1st OS update, so I may have messed up during one of the steps causing this situation. I would like to get rid of one of the albums. I don't if the Photo Libray is an old OS folder, and the ITunes a new OS folder, or why  I have them both.

All things considered, the update went smoothly, after the intial 3200 error messages.

0 Likes
jazzgtrl4

Anyone have any mail issues? now im not getting my emails when they worked fine.?? i turned the phone of and on. tried a few other things..weird

0 Likes
sldp13

I am having the time out issue time and again as noted before, but i didn't see a resolution for the issue.  just got my iphone4 in SEP2011.  my itunes is the most recent version and i have shut down, turned on, shut off the computer and phone, time and again only to have the download gor for nearly 2 hours each time and then tell me it times out to upgrade to the iOS 5.0 - any other help that someone might offer??  thanks a ton in advance! have a good day!

0 Likes
tmphi

My upgrade went ok.  You have to be very patient.

The problem I have is that it breaks "tethering" over wi-fi.

I first switch on "Personal Hotspot" and select "WI-FI".   The signal status in the upper left corner of the iPhone goes from "Verizon 3G" to "Verizon O" after I connect my iPad to the iPhone WI-FI.

It also takes a while to see the iPhone wireless network on my iPad.

>iPhone 4 (IOS 5)

>iPad (IOS 5)

0 Likes
tooneat

I have the same problem and very interested in a solution. Thanks for the post.

0 Likes