iOS 5 Upgrade Problems and Solutions
Luzaire

Thought it might be good to have a repository thread for folks having difficulty with the upgrade to iOS 5.

Here's what I experienced:

The download was fast (fast wired internet) but the install was long and buggy.  For some reason many of my apps didn't show up after the initial install and my music/podcasts/videos were all missing.

Turns out the phone had a large block of memory reserved (listed as OTHER) after the inital install.  I did a sync without music to get the missing apps back on the phone, put the missing apps back in their proper folders, then synced one more time to put my music/podcasts/videos back on the phone.  All was fixed!

Anybody else have problems and solutions they can share?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS 5 Upgrade Problems and Solutions
amcd

I am getting an error at the end of the backup before the actual updating begins. The error simply says "Internal Error" with no reference numbers. I have made sure that my Mac OSX is updated as well as my iTunes, however there are no support articles through Apple that assist in correcting this. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
tinhoang

I'm getting this same error.  Internal error and it reverts back to old iOS.

I have the latest version of Lion 10.7.2 installed.  My iTunes is 10.5 which is apparently uptodate as far the software upgrader says.

Not sure what else to do.

0 Likes
jazzgtrl4

Im getting an (Error 3200) at the end of the backing up. I went to the solutions page at Apples website and 3200 isnt even there. Anyone else get this message? I tried two times to get iOS 5 and have the same problem.

0 Likes
Surge

Same problem, have no clue what to do.

0 Likes
bbcamaro68

Hey i was having the same issues i tried contacting apple but got no where, it wouldnt let me restore and back up i keep getting the same error message. 

went on my iphone under settings and restored back to factory settings, (not data just the factory settings for iphone) 

and this fixed the problem, ios 5 update with no further problems. 

hope this helps. 

-Jim

0 Likes
rogerramjet
same here. error 3200. i looked up another 3xxx error and it said that all 3xxx errors have to do with accessing the gs.apple.server on port 80 or 443. maybe its just too busy and overloaded or down. same thing happens i my iPad2.
0 Likes
amcd

bbcamaro68 wrote:

Hey i was having the same issues i tried contacting apple but got no where, it wouldnt let me restore and back up i keep getting the same error message. 

went on my iphone under settings and restored back to factory settings, (not data just the factory settings for iphone) 

and this fixed the problem, ios 5 update with no further problems. 

hope this helps. 

-Jim

Jim- 

Was this just for the Interal Error with no number reference or for the 3200 reference? I tried this with the plain Internal Error to no avail. I have an appointment with Apple in 45 min so hopefully I can return good news. Here's hoping!

0 Likes
sydm5

Apperently the issue is with Apple's servers. They are being overloaded right now which causes the error. Don't worry about your iPhones, just be patient.

More info here:

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2011/10/12/apples-ios-5-upgrade-servers-are-slammed-causing-3200-or-inte...

0 Likes
bbcamaro68

i just got internal error with no number included, i tried for about an hour and keep giving me the error right after it backed up before it restored. i followed all the steps apple provided updates, security, restart etc.... and didnt help, after resetting to factory settings it worked immeditaly, this was after i downloaded the file from apple. itunes would not install untill i fixed the error which i guess was a setting i switched.

-Jim

0 Likes