Re: iOS 5 Upgrade Problems and Solutions
tooneat

Uncheck ringtones then synch. Check ringtones then synch again. They'll all come over. I did it and it worked.

0 Likes
markevaughan

I upgraded just fine, but the music capability sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it doesn't work, the screen goes white other than the top (grey). After about 5 seconds, the screen goes back to the normal one with all of the icons. Thoughts?

0 Likes
RussW64

I know that this may be late, but when I attempted the iOS 5 upgrade, I received all sorts of "Error 3200" and other 3000 series errors, UNTIL I did the following.  And after following the steps below successfully on my iPhone4, I was also able to successfully upgrade my stepdaughter's iPhone4, and our two iPads.

NOTE 1: the following is for people running Windows 7 computers (like I have). (Vista should be same.  XP works differently, so these procedures will not apply).

NOTE 2: You are on your OWN risk following the procedures below.  While they worked flawlessly for me and I successfully upgraded all my iPhones and iPads with no problems, YOU on the other hand, may have problems.  Since I do not work for Apple nor Verizon Wireless, I offer these procedures as a "You are on your OWN Risk" type of deal.  So, if you are nervous/uncomfortable about doing such things, then the best bet is to contact the appropriate official support channels/methods and solve the problem that way.  But, if you are somewhat computer savvy, then you can try these steps...

1) Went into iTunes and upgraded (through the Help menu choice, selecting "Check for updates"), to iTunes 10.5.

2) Rebooted computer

3) When computer came up AFTER reboot, then I RIGHT CLICKED on the iTunes icon and selected "Run as Adminstrator" and answered "Yes" to prompt.  This starts iTunes in full Administrator mode. (Remember this is for Windows 7 (or Vista) computers, it will NOT work for XP).

4) on iPhone, I did forced reboot (hold down HOME button and POWER button (on top) TOGETHER until screen goes dark and Apple startup logo appears.  iPhone will then start up.

5) After iPhone starts, connect iPhone to computer and new iTunes 10.5 will recognize iPhone.

6) if you are not prompted to install new iOS 5, then manually click the "Check for Update" button on the iPhone summary screen.

7) Then, wait patiently and the update will process properly. It will take some time to download the large file, then back up phone, then apply update, then restore apps to phone.

This procedure above worked for my two iPhones and two iPads.  BUT.. you may encounter other, odd/different errors.  In that case, you will have to seek alternative support.

AFTER the update, if you click on one of your apps on the iPhone and the screen just blinks and goes back to home screen, then you need to uninstall (delete) the app program from your iPhone and redownload it from the App Store (even if you paid for it originally, you shouldn't have to pay again because you already own it and are reinstalling it.... BUT I can't be 100% sure of this and I don't want to steer you wrong.  And cannot take any responsibility for this.  So you are on your own.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

jazzgtrl4, lets check your email setting so that we can get this issue resolved. I have listed steps below to assist you. I understand that not having access to your emails can be an issue. Please let us know if this issue was resolved. 

Server addresses, security information and additional support can be obtained from the Exchange administrator.

1. From the home screen, select Settings

2. Select Mail, Contacts Calendars

3. From the Accounts section, select the corporate email account.

4. Drag the switches left or right to enable / disable sync options. 
    Note The sync option is enabled if set to On.
  • Mail
  • Contacts
  • Calendars
Select Account Info.

Verify the account information then select Done.
  • Email
  • Server
  • Domain (optional)
  • Username
  • Password
  • Description
  • SSL

0 Likes
ghardin

I'm having the same type errors - timeout network connection errors. 

I've been trying to update for nearly 48 hours now  - except for when I was asleep of course.  Although I left it downloading when I went to bed, and when my husband gets up at 2:00, he keeps it going.  I've totally lost count of the number of times I've restarted the update.

Around noon today, I finally got it to within 42 minutes of completion and boom, network connection error.  And then when I restart the update, it's back to 4 or 5 or 6 hours.   Why in the world didn't they put more restart places in the code????? 

I know I'm on a 3g-based mi-fi, so my connection is sometimes spotty.  But for these 2 days, my mi-fi connection has NOT shown any disconnect, even when the errors occur. 

I'm about to pull my hair out!!!  And I've got to do my husband's phone after mine. 

I sent an email to Verizon to find out if my local phone store could do the update on a faster, better network.  They said no, and sent me some things to check to ensure my connections are more stable.  However, when I go to the links they sent me, I don't have the options to check the things they suggested.  Waiting for another response from them. 

ANY HELP HERE????  I'll be eternally grateful!

0 Likes