iOS 5
taascione

I have an iPhone 4, I want to install some apps that say I need iOS 5...how do I get that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS 5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

taascione wrote:

I have an iPhone 4, I want to install some apps that say I need iOS 5...how do I get that?

Plug your phone into itune on the computer and update it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

shaun100

I've tried that its not working for me.

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

FIRST - be sure to sync/backup your phone in its current state (just in case you experience a power outage, disconnection, etc); either wirelessly or by connecting to your computer. 

THEN - IF YOU HAVE A WI-FI CONNECTION: On your phone, select "Settings", then "General", then "Software Update".  The phone should search for updates and advise you of which iOS platform is currently available to you for installation.  If you have a wi-fi connection, you should be able to perform the Operating System update wirelessly. 

If you don't have a wi-fi connection - FROM YOUR COMPUTER, open iTunes - BEFORE connecting your phone to the computer.  From the Menu (top left of screen), Click on "Help" then choose "Check for iTunes Updates".  Once you've confirmed that you have the latest version of iTunes installed, connect your phone.  iTunes should recognize that your Operating System needs updating, and ask if you wish to install. 

It's important to note that iTunes will not recognize needed iOS updates unless the iTunes application itself is updated. 

I hope this is helpful to you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To updade from iOS 4.+ to iOS 5, you need to update the phone through itunes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

I beg to differ - I've updated my phone's iOS wirelessly, for the past 3 upgrades.  I would recommend a manual connection to the host computer, but it's entirely possible without it.  

0 Likes