Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iPhone 4 Downgrade
Kelleelove

Is it possible if I add a new line with the amazonwireless.com 1 penny special for the droid razr to be able to drop this iphone and the 30$ data package and just add a basic phone to this line? Because I want to take advantage of the 1 penny deal and really want the droid razr but do not want the 30$ extra data package on a line i won't use. So it is possible I can downgrade it and add just a regular basic phone to that line to take the data package off?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: iPhone 4 Downgrade
kaebfly
Leader

You should be able to but you would be better off sending that inquiry to the company providing the special (I assume it's Amazon)...to make sure they don't have some special terms you have to follow. In general, if you were purchasing with Verizon and adding a line to your account you could do exactly what you are asking. Amazon might require that you keep the device you purchase on the line you open to get it for a certain timeframe. This is why it's always important to understand the rules of any third party seller you purchase from since they can have seperate terms that are in addition to Verizon's terms.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 Downgrade
kaebfly
Leader

You should be able to but you would be better off sending that inquiry to the company providing the special (I assume it's Amazon)...to make sure they don't have some special terms you have to follow. In general, if you were purchasing with Verizon and adding a line to your account you could do exactly what you are asking. Amazon might require that you keep the device you purchase on the line you open to get it for a certain timeframe. This is why it's always important to understand the rules of any third party seller you purchase from since they can have seperate terms that are in addition to Verizon's terms.

0 Likes