iPhone 4 - Stuck on Camera Screen????
MystyPines
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Guys!

Haven't' been to the forum since the February pre-release of the iPhone 4.  Well, I am having my first issue with the iPhone.  I don't know what happened.  My phone was at the home screen and when I placed it on the table, the camera setting was on.  I picked it up, and pressed the button at the bottom of the iPhone to bring it back to the home screen. and it won't go back.  It has been stuck on the camera for 2 days now.  I am unable to turn off the phone or turn down the sound settings..  I am unable to do anything with the phone.  The phone still rings and bings when I get calls, emails or texts, but I am unable to get to them.   I am waiting for the battery to die out and maybe if I stick on on charger, it will reboot?  Help?  Should I go to the Verizon store or Apple store for this issue?  Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 4 - Stuck on Camera Screen????
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Is that the best an Android fan-boy can do?  At least the iPhone battery doesn't need to be recharged every 4 hours....

ANYWAY...

To resolve the problem noted in this thread,  try pressing and holding the lock and home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.  This reboots the phone and does the SAME thing as removing and re-inserting a battery in an Android phone.  And this I guarantee is what they will do first at the Apple store.  If this doesn't correct this issue, then you can try a full restore via iTunes.

(No offense mdram...  I just had to poke back a little on that comment!)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

pull the battery

oh wait................

head to the nearest apple store

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Is that the best an Android fan-boy can do?  At least the iPhone battery doesn't need to be recharged every 4 hours....

ANYWAY...

To resolve the problem noted in this thread,  try pressing and holding the lock and home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.  This reboots the phone and does the SAME thing as removing and re-inserting a battery in an Android phone.  And this I guarantee is what they will do first at the Apple store.  If this doesn't correct this issue, then you can try a full restore via iTunes.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

dbbrass wrote:

non taken, but my androids last 2-3 days without chargeing.and the battery pool was a little jab

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

heck.. a little poking and jabbin' back and forth makes things interesting anyway!  The forums would be pretty boring otherwise.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
MystyPines
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow!  I have to admit I was a bit sceptical.  But, I held down the lock key and home key at the same time, it rebooted and everything is back to normal. 

dbbrass, thank you so much for all your help!    You don't know what a relief this is.  I was thinking that I would have to pay $$$$ to have it fixed.  You are the best!  Thanks so much!  I really appreciate your help!

MystyPines

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

My pleasure.  Thanks for the kudos :smileyhappy:

0 Likes