Re: iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins.
hmvargo
Contributor - Level 1

dxrogers wrote:

I am not happpy about this iPhone offer.  I have waited years for this to occur.  Now I am offered an 8 month old phone and a 2 year contract.  I am currently not on a contact as mine has expired waiting for this iPhone.

We know that AT&T is going to G4 LTE and VZ is also.  We know that Apple always offer a new product in the summer.  So Verizon wants us to commit to 2 years and 6 months later offer a iPhone 5 with G4 LTE.  By the way LTE will support both web and phone similtaneously. 

I have been waiting for years and now I need to wait another 6 months for something that we are not sure will occur.  These phones cost to much money to buy 8 month old technology and be locked into for 2 years.

I could wait untill summer and go with the carrier with the first G4 iPhone.  Sprint is already offering G4 phones.  What is the possibility that they will offer a G4 iphone before others.

Sounds to me like you need to switch carriers. There is no confirmation that the iPhone 5 will come to verizon or that it will be 4G. Or LTE compatible. If you have evidence of it. Please, by all means throw it on the table. 

0 Likes
phonesftw

I'm pretty sure that the next  iphone wont be lte.  Apple will most likely wait until next year to do an lte iphone.  Remember the 1st iphone? 3G was out when that came out but they didn't jump on that right away.  It took them a year to get onboard with 3G.  The next iphone will probably have att's hspa+ and then next year it would probably be lte for vzw and ATT.  We will probably see a small upgrade to the current iphone 4. And I'm sure when the next vzw iphone comes out next year you'll be able to get a good amount of money for your iphone.

0 Likes
Stormfreak

I Think it's truly pathetic  that Verizon finally gets the Ipnone4 and decides to force anyone who wants to buy one to sign up for an unlimited data plan for $29.99 a month. Not everybody wants this plan. They should offer a tiered pricing like AT&T for poeple who use less data. I think i'm switching my Four family share plan lines over to AT&T where it's more affordable. It's to bad Verizon turned to GREED when it decided to sell the Ipnone. Several days ago I could have signed up for a $15.00 a month 150gb data package but Verizon canceled that option just in time to start selling the Iphone. As soon as my contract is up I'm gone.I don't like greed.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

Stormfreak wrote:

I Think it's truly pathetic  that Verizon finally gets the Ipnone4 and decides to force anyone who wants to buy one to sign up for an unlimited data plan for $29.99 a month. Not everybody wants this plan. They should offer a tiered pricing like AT&T for poeple who use less data. I think i'm switching my Four family share plan lines over to AT&T where it's more affordable. It's to bad Verizon turned to GREED when it decided to sell the Ipnone. Several days ago I could have signed up for a $15.00 a month 150gb data package but Verizon canceled that option just in time to start selling the Iphone. As soon as my contract is up I'm gone.I don't like greed.

I

don't think you will find a company without some form of greed.  It really is about making money.  Most people do want an unlimited plan.  Are you saying AT&T isn't a greedy company?

0 Likes
Stormfreak

You are right there all greedy. AT&T at least offers a cheaper data plan for poeple that can't afford the unlimited plan. I just think It should be an option. It was several days ago and they change it just before the sale of the Iphone. Not impressed.

0 Likes
davidr32
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think that $15/mo was for 150 MB (not GB). If so, the $29.99/mo is a real deal. If you really USE the iPhone, 150MB will go pretty fast!

0 Likes
hmvargo
Contributor - Level 1

davidr32 wrote:

I think that $15/mo was for 150 MB (not GB). If so, the $29.99/mo is a real deal. If you really USE the iPhone, 150MB will go pretty fast!

You are right, it is MB, not GB. That would be A LOT of data for $15!. :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
stimm32

What about a one-year contract option? Will I be able to pre-order, or even get, the iPhone on a one-year contract?

0 Likes
hmvargo
Contributor - Level 1

stimm32 wrote:

What about a one-year contract option? Will I be able to pre-order, or even get, the iPhone on a one-year contract?

Nope, two year or full retail. This one actually is answered in the FAQ

0 Likes
baseballmom_1

I was told this morning by a verizon rep that the morning of the pre order, you canopt to have it billed to your account.  you do not have to pay up front!  Does anyone know what time the pre-sale actually starts (ie. 1201am)?!?

0 Likes