Re: iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins.
higginra

You are right that the Verizon Iphone 4 is only 3G capable.  If you are wondering why the stores are not packed with ATT customers wanting to switch.  Yes I am very disappointed with ATT service.  But why would I buy an old phone that can only ever work in 3G mode and get stuck in another contract with a old phone??? Offer me a switch that make sense. I want the newest technology available.

Robert H

{edited for privacy}

Currently a upset ATT customer but not enough to switch yet. 

0 Likes
CinnamonSwirl

http://www.walletpop.com/2011/02/09/what-you-need-to-know-before-buying-an-iphone-4-from-verizon/?ic...

This is an interesting article.  I'm not in the market for an iphone, but I came across this and thought it might be good info for some of you.

0 Likes
ronmax

How do you all like a phone with out Flash

0 Likes
SGBEATZ

Too bad 90% of America doesn't have 4G service capabilities. Who uses flash on a phone anyway? Droid didn't do Hulu and that was the only thing I wanted flash for. Flash brought about more ad's (as if Droid doesn't have enough) Besides unless your an extremely boring person and the only thing that can keep me from throwing the phone in the ocean because I have to talk to you is going Online while I'm talking to you ??? Come on that's what texting is for. Talking to people that you don't want to ''talk'' to. You can reply when you want, you don't have to hear there annoying voice then you can surf the web and text multiple people all at once without having to open your mouth. All these android phones are basically disposable, that's why they come out with a new one every 3 months. Don't you want a product that's going to last? How many people do you know that still currently use the original iphone. Alot more people than there is 4G....

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i actually use flash on my phone very often. i'm also in a 4g market. i know both of those issues are of no concern to apple, which is why the iphone isn't an option for me. it's a great device....but Jobs could care less about what we want. he knows what's best for us and so he could care less about giving me what i want. again...it's a great device....just not for somebody that uses flash and wants 4g (and doesn't want to have to use itunes to do everything).

0 Likes
life24get

I’ve been a loyal and very patient VerizonWireless customer for nearly a decade.  My wife left Verizon for ATT’s iPhone last year giving up hope to get the device available on Verizon network.  I decided to wait…

Not too long ago I got a call from Verizon offering me the iPhone.  Since I use my phone for business I had to find out whether iPhone is compatible with my company’s enterprise network before taking the offer.  I was told by Verizon I could call back and take advantage of the opportunity. 

But when I called back just a few weeks later I was told I am not eligible for the upgrade for another year and half!  So, after sticking around for over two years waiting for Verizon to realize the iPhone is the right tool for its customers, I am rewarded with “NOT ELIGIBLE” status!

Great job Verizon – you’re about to lose your most loyal customer! Now, instead of adding my wife back to the family plan on Verizon, I’m about to join the family of AT&T!

Truly remarkable customer service! Sorry, I’ve wasted so many years doing business with the company that has so little consideration for its customers!

Am I the only one feeling I was cheeted and abused by Verizon?

0 Likes
JimJohnson30

life24get wrote:

I’ve been a loyal and very patient VerizonWireless customer for nearly a decade.  My wife left Verizon for ATT’s iPhone last year giving up hope to get the device available on Verizon network.  I decided to wait…

Not too long ago I got a call from Verizon offering me the iPhone.  Since I use my phone for business I had to find out whether iPhone is compatible with my company’s enterprise network before taking the offer.  I was told by Verizon I could call back and take advantage of the opportunity.

But when I called back just a few weeks later I was told I am not eligible for the upgrade for another year and half!  So, after sticking around for over two years waiting for Verizon to realize the iPhone is the right tool for its customers, I am rewarded with “NOT ELIGIBLE” status!

Great job Verizon – you’re about to lose your most loyal customer! Now, instead of adding my wife back to the family plan on Verizon, I’m about to join the family of AT&T!

Truly remarkable customer service! Sorry, I’ve wasted so many years doing business with the company that has so little consideration for its customers!

When was your last upgrade?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

life24get wrote:

If they say that you are not eligible for an upgrade for another year and a half, then that means you only upgraded just 2 months ago. EVERYONE is eligible for an upgrade with discounted pricing after completing 20 months of a 2 yr contract.  If you didn't just upgrade ~2 months ago, then the person you spoke with when you called back was mistaken.

If you did just upgrade ~2 months ago than I can only think of a couple of scenarios. You upgraded and were still within the window that you could return your device without penalty. Why they would call you, unless you specifically asked to be called when the iPhone became available is a mystery to me. Did you sign up to be notified when the iPhone became available? Did you mistake this notification as Verizon saying that your current line is eligible for an upgrade, when they just meant to say that the iPhone was available, as per your request? Did you mistake them saying that you can add the iPhone to your account(on another line) for meaning that your current line was eligible for upgrade? All of these are possible reasons for the call.

0 Likes
mototime

Because the Verizon iPhone came in a little too late and not cutting edge anymore, in the days of 4g LTE, 4.3 screens,8 meg camera, flash,, and a few others such as simultaneous talk and surf--Although that is possible with wifi.

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Now, is Verizion getting the iPhone 5 when it's announced in September?

0 Likes