Re: iPhone 4 not displaying calls on call waiting or giving an option to answer
meliross

I'm having the same problem with call waiting on my iPhone 4.  Sometimes I don't even get a beep when i have an incoming call while on another call.  And I can never see who's calling when I do get a beep during another call. This is so frustating since I don't want to miss a call.  I tried going to settings > phone > call waiting but there's no call waiting option. I also tried turning the phone off and on. Didn't work.Need help fixing this.

0 Likes
jennyb83

Im having the same trouble on my phone. since I did the update now when I have someone calling in while im on the phone it doesnt show me who it is or the options to answer or decline. ive gone into the settings there is no option for call waiting like what was suggested. I would really like to have this fixed. any other suggestions???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi diverdowncasper!

Let's get that call forwarding working for you! I'd first like to ask if you have the most updated software version? If not, please update that first. If the software has to be updated, please update all apps too.

Please also reset your network settings using this link and retest: http://vz.to/100ziru

Please post back with your results, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
giampetro

Hi...I am having the same issue as all the other people here. I used to have "call waiting" and be able to see who was calling me and have the option of answering the call. Now I don't. When I go to settings and phone I don't have the option of selecting call waiting. I have an iphone 4s. Please let me know how I can fix this problem. Thank you.

0 Likes
jennyb83

I just fixed mine i had the same problem i have the iphone 4. I went to my settings and to general and went where it said reset network settings..... It fixed mine. I was hesitant at first not knowing what i would lose all it does is lose network passwords such as wifi things like that.... all you have to do is re-enter the passwords, search reset network before you do it just so you know what to expect. may want to sync or backup first I didnt and didnt lose anything, may want to just to be safe. It fixed mine hope this helps others on here. And thanks to Christine B with VZW for the help.

0 Likes
BethRenee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem!  I tried reseting my network settings and now I can at least see and answer the call waiting.  However, I cannot swap calls to go back to the previous call.  When I hit swap nothing happens and when I hit end it hangs up on both calls!

Cevin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problems with my 4. I do a reset on the phone at least every three weeks. I hear the tone but no id is shown. Also, since the latest IOS update is when this started and I also get text messages a day or two later, it may take 4 to 6 tries to get my outbound call to connect and I get voicemails hours after the call but no call ever registered.

kmsmom

My iphone 4 did the same thing out of the blue this am. I just did a general reset on my phone by holding down the keys to turn it off and keep holding down until it turns off. This fixed the problem.

0 Likes
jpstauber

I had the same issue and did the 'Network Reset'. It works, you just have to re-do the passwords on the wi-fi connections.

0 Likes
randijf

My iPhone 4 is also doing this-I don't think it's the phone, because I have friends who have other service providers and they have never had this problem.  My sister has the same phone as I do, and also has Verizon and hers does it too-she's in another state so it's not the area.  I've called tech support and they have now had me reset everything three different times.  Every time it fixes it, then it stops working again.  This latest time it was less than a week before it stopped working. 

0 Likes