iPhone 4 not getting sms from non-verizon members.
balthazar

This just started to happen this morning. Last night I got a message from a friend on Sprint, this morning I realized that people were not responding to my texts (on AT&T and Tmobile). I WAS, however, able to receive MMS message from both of them. They are having no trouble getting the text messages I am sending, so I sent out a mass text to a bunch of friends and the only ones who were able to text me back where people on Verizon. Because of this I am assuming that it's a network issue with Verizon, but I decided to look into it further. I have read a few posts on here, but they all have the included problem of not being able to *send* sms either. I have done a soft restart on my phone, leaving it off for about 5 mins, but that didn't fix anything. I would rather not to a full restore of my phone due to the hassle of reconfiguring all of my apps and stuff. So I am hoping it's just a network issue and I will be able to receive my texts again shortly. Anyone else been having this issue today? I am in Georgia.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 not getting sms from non-verizon members.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's possible that issue could be with either VZW's network or with the people you are not receiving responses from....it's difficult to say since you have verified that your sent messages are being received. Since it's not across the board (you stated that it was AT&T and T-Mobile users you were having this issue with...I have had issues with T-Mobile users in the past but it was well before Verizon ever received the iPhone so texting issues with T-Mobile users doesn't seem to be a new thing or isolated to the iPhone) it makes it a little more difficult to really figure out the issue. Have you tried dialing *228 option 2 to see if that helps? You might also need to contact VZW tech support to have them troubleshoot. But they will ask if you have tried *228 or tell you to do it so if possible call them from a different phone soyou will be able to go through trouble shooting steps with them.

0 Likes
balthazar

Ok, ya, that fixed it. I did do the *228 before, but I did option 1 instead of 2. Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Glad I could help!

0 Likes