iPhone 4 not sending/receiving texts to/from non-iPhone
s13021

Hello,

I am on a shared plan with my mother. Thursday afternoon my mom updated our plan and suddenly my phone was not sending or receiving text messages to non-iPhones. iMessage is working just fine, thus I can only talk to people with iPhones. It fairly closely correlated to the IOS update so I updated my phone and that didn't help.

I have tried resetting network setting, hard reset, toying with message settings, *228 options 1 AND 2 etc... and still nothing is working. Please help! I run a business and can not afford to not be able to be in contact with half my contacts!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 not sending/receiving texts to/from non-iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi s13021,

Let's get your messages flowing again! Thanks for the doing the troubleshooting you have done so far.  I know that running a business with a fully functional phone is needed. I have a couple things for you to try. First, turn off iMessage, power cycle your phone and keep iMessage off; try sending messages. To run a good test, send the message to your self and please put "1" in front of your number. Also, another step to try is turn off iMessage, then reset network settings, then turn it on and try again. These have been some successful steps. Please keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes