iPhone 4 not showing "Verizon" by "3G"
Frussed

It's been more than three weeks since the "Verizon" that is next to the signal bar and "3G" disappeared. I've tried dialing *228 and choose both option 1 and 2, and resetting my phone but the result is the same. I checked the Network in Settings and it says "Not Available".

Anyone else has this issue?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 not showing "Verizon" by "3G"
Not applicable

Settings-General-Cellular-Cellular Data should be set to ON

Roaming should be set to "Voice & Data"

That is all

0 Likes
Frussed

That's what I have in my settings. I also have the latest iOS version.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an Alltel plan or a Verizon plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

press the top and bottom buttons at same time until you see the apple logo. then release them. let phone do a soft reset to see if that works.

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://www.technipages.com/reset-iphone.html   Look here for hard and soft reset.

0 Likes
Frussed

Crossover from Alltel.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an Alltel plan with an Alltel PRL, then the "Verizon" doesn't usually get displayed as the recognized network. If you were seeing it, one of the Network settings updates was coded correctly to display Alltel PRLs as Verizon. The most recent one must not be coded the same way.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Frussed

Hmm...oh well. As long as I am still able to use my iphone, I shouldn't be OCD-ed about it. 🙂 Thanks.

0 Likes
Frussed

I tried and nothing's changed.

0 Likes