iPhone 4S Caller ID
netwire

I just got my Verizon iPhone 4S. For some reason, the contact names don't appear for the relevant phone numbers in Messages, recent calls. I followed the *228 direction on Apple's website but that hasn't helped. Any ideas? This isn't an iOS5 issue since I don't have this issue on my iPhone 3GS running iOS5 on AT&T.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S Caller ID
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There are a few other threads that mention this issue...and there doesn't appear to be a fix at this point. Some have called CS and the fixes they were given only fixed part of the issue (I believe it would fix the calls issue but not the text issue that is associated with it). You can try calling CS to see if anything they have you do works. You can also try contacting Apple to see if they have any ideas. You're right though, this isn't (or doesn't appear to be) an iOS 5 issue because I have yet to see where this is affecting iPhone 4 users with iOS 5...unless I just haven't paid attention to the issue being mentioned on the iPhone 4 w/iOS 5. Not sure if this is isolated to VZW 4s users...or if AT&T and/or Sprint people are seeing th same issue.

0 Likes
netwire

I was able to fix it:

Try *228 then option 1. If that doesn't work, call Verizon helpdesk and they can fix it. It's some setting on their end. You'll need to call from another phone though since you'll need to do a reset along the way.

0 Likes
Greendragonfly

This is probably a Verizonwireless issue.

I recently purchased an AT&T iPhone 4S and had no problem with contacts showing for both incoming and outgoing caller ID information.

But, ATT is so sketchy with dropped calls I decided to switch over to Verizon Wireless. At this point no contact information presents in caller ID at all.

Thus the issue seems to be a problem with Verizon rather than iPhone 4S.

So, Verizon, please fix this asap. K?

0 Likes
Wendy1222

I hadn't had this problem until my company's email account was added, then something went wrong with the caller ID. Here's how to get around the problem, although it will require you editing all of your contacts to correct it:

Add this PREFIX to ALL of the phone numbers in each individual contact list: 1+

(so your number will read: 1+717XXXXXXX.

The addition of the 1+ seems to designate the United States so then it matches with the international setting on your phone that reflects that calls are coming in to you properly.

It used to be that a simple area code was sufficient but now the phone seems to be looking for a country code. I had one phone number that, for some strange reason, had this 1+ in front of it and I saw that the person's name consistently came up, so I tested it on other contacts and it works when you add it.

Annoying as hell to have to do this but it does work and I haven't seen another fix for it.

0 Likes
jose18
Enthusiast - Level 2

my phone makes same problems no caller id names only by the numbers thst sucks

0 Likes
vjp724

try using *228  and both option 1 & 2 It worked on my 4s phone,

0 Likes
MizzBeezy