iPhone 4S Unlock For Any Network
Iamthesnuffy

I have an iPhone 4S that is due for an upgrade and I have a friend on another network that I would like to give my phone to. Can it be unlocked to be used on another carrier since it has a SIM slot and GSM built in?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S Unlock For Any Network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Iamthesnuffy,

Great question! Our devices can only be used on our network. Maybe your friend is interested in joining the VZW family. For details visit:http://bit.ly/qDhvBY .

Ayani_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lsevgi

>>Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violation of the

See for original message<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
smirvic

How unlock iphone 4s GSM in russia, phone bought on Ebay. Carrier Verizon.

0 Likes
Jonathann

This is false.

0 Likes
Jonathann

Could you explain this in detail please? I do not understand what you mean. You say "our devices." But the iPhone 4S is not limited to just Verizon's cell network, it has the hardware to work on AT&T's network as well, all on the same model (there is only one American iPhone 4S model anyway).

0 Likes
willzzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 4S when unlocked by VZW per VZW policy only allows non-US SIM cards to work in it. To get it to work on US SIM cards requires methods that are prohibited to be talked about here. You can Google if you want that info. Hint: It requires using a 3rd party SIM or changing the iOS software.

The VZW iPhone 5 is truly unlocked out of the box including US SIM's. Please note that it is carrier specific in terms of LTE bands (its split between AT&T and VZW) so the best unlocked you will get is AT&T HSPA+.

Easy way: Upgrade to an iPhone 5.

Hard way: Modify your existing 4S.

0 Likes
Jonathann

It's you again! You've definitely been the most helpful person I have seen on the internet regarding this topic. Thanks for all your help!

(I was just trying to cover my bases by posting in this forum as well as over at dslreports Smiley Happy)

0 Likes