iPhone 4S, fine for nearly 2 years and now nothing.
smf101511
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has been fine since day one.  I've lived and worked in the same location for that entire period and service has always been fine so this isn't the issue.

Yesterday morning the phone went to Searching, to one dot, to 5 dots, to 4 dots and back again.  Just blinking through this sequence.  Rending the phone completely useless.  No phone calls out or in, including texts and emails.  In the past two days I've managed to have a total of 3 hrs where the phone is functioning as normal.  This is no where near acceptable. 

I've tried hard resets.  Network resets.  Factory resets.  Nothing.

I took the phone to the verizon store I bought it from.  They did all of the above plus some other stuff.  They're answer? If this doesn't work you need a new phone.  For which,  I would need to play full price.  Not acceptable.  I want to know why a phone that has been fine for nearly two years is suddenly nothing but a glorified hockey puck.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S, fine for nearly 2 years and now nothing.
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is pretty much what they are telling everyone.. I mean come on EVERYONE cannot be wrong.. APPLE/VERIZON needs to fix this issue.. WE should not have to get a new phone just because there UPGRADE did NOT work that is not the answer.

0 Likes
smf101511
Enthusiast - Level 2

My favorite solution so far from them.  Delete all the apps.  Maybe one of those is causing it.  Did it.  Didn't help.  Now it's just a less glorified hockey puck.

0 Likes
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

How long ago did you do the update? I did mine in November and this issue just started last week. I thought at first it was only me until seeing this forum. One of the treads have a petition to sign to have verizon or apple fix it.. The solution that they are offering to get a new phone is not acceptable to me it might be for some but I should not have to get a new phone when it was working fine up till the upgrade..

0 Likes
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

You shouldn't have to delete anything!! I am seriously thinking about deleting Verizon they really do not care about there customers. And I don't know about you but I tried Apple and they told me that because my phone is 2 years old its out of warranty but I could buy and extended one if I wanted.. This is a joke!!!

0 Likes
smf101511
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last upgrade it did was end of November.

0 Likes
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine too.. The funny thing is my husband has the 4 and his is fine.. Its the 4S that went to crap

0 Likes
smf101511
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband has the exact same phone only with AT&T.  His phone has been through hell and back and is fine.

0 Likes
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think this is there way of getting us to buy a new phone and I refuse. I am on the grandfather in unlimited data so if I wanted a new phone I would have to pay full price or I would have to change my plan..

0 Likes
cindylu187
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is why you should have purchased Total Equipment Coverage. You would have been covered under warranty. Tsk Tsk

0 Likes