iPhone 4S preparation from old verizon phone and ipod touch
amy2003559

Hi i just want to know how to prepare getting an iPhone 4S and what i need to do. I currently have a LG Chocolate Touch and i have pictures that i want to transfer over to either on my iPhone 4S or onto my computer, but i don't know how to do it. would i need any cable wires or anything?

And i also have an iPod touch that i have and i want to transfer all my data over to the iphone. Now the tricky part is that i have contacts on my current phone and not on the ipod touch. should i back up contacts first and then sync iphone 4S into computer (bc if i do that i'd lose my contacts) or back up my contacts on ipod touch, save it, and then put it into iphone? thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S preparation from old verizon phone and ipod touch
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As far as you LG is concerned...do you use a memory card on it or does it only use internal memory? If you use a memory card then you should be able to tranfer your pics to your computer via the memory card (if you don't have a memory card slot of your computer then you can use a memory card reader. Otherwise, you might have to get the cables (if it didn't come with your LG) to hook it up to a computer and transfer them.

As far as your contacts on you iPod, you can use iTunes to manage those...or windows (if you use a PC) to sync the photos taken on your iPod Touch (I assume you have one of the latest models with cameras). When you plug your iPod in to your computer a dialog box should pop up and one of the options should allow you to transfer pictures on the iPod using Windows and perhaps a few other options. Choose the one you want and it will walk you through the process so a copy of the pics will be synced to a folder in your Photos (or MY PHOTOS depending on what operating system you use). Then when you set up your iPhone you can sync whatever photos you would like to the iPhone using iTunes.

You can also sync your contacts on the iPod using iTunes....if you have Outlook you can sync them to there. Not sure how to do the same with the LG but a search on the net or in LG forums might be able to help you on that. That way all of your contacts will be on your  computer and then can use iTunes to Sync them to youur iPhone. Take a look at the online manual for the iPhone (it's been updated to iPhones using iOS 5) to see if they give better syncing options that fit your needs. The url is in my signature below.

0 Likes