iPhone 4s battery discharging rapidly, any ideas?
dwilsonfl
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife's iPhone 4s has recently developed a problem with the battery running down very rapidly. I have made sure there are only the minimum apps running and sync is not enabled, but it still is happening. This has happened in the last few days which coincides with a recent iOS upgrade. In searching Apple's forums it appears this is happening to some users.

We have run Apple's diagnostic and run it with "send your device in" as a response. That's not going to happen. Could we take it to the store and swap units or do we wait on a software patch?

Thanks,

David

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s battery discharging rapidly, any ideas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dwilsonfl,

I am sorry to hear that you have been having battery issues since the recent software update. There is another patch that is suppose to be sent out by Apple for this specific issue, but we can go through some more battery saving techniques. It is a known issue, so you can either visit a Apple or Verizon store to get work arounds. Please keep us updated on this situation.

TonyG

0 Likes
dwilsonfl
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've been to the Verizon store on Mary Esther cutoff in Ft Walton Beach three times now. The first time they said to make sure no apps were running and eliminate those we didn't need. We did that. The second time we were met by a person who told us no one had that problem and it was Apple. The manager then came over and was very nice, suggesting we try to backup the phone to our laptop, reset the phone to factory, and restore. We've done that three times. We've also tried renaming our router access point twice.

We go today and tell the female rep that we still have the issue. She says no one at Verizon has ever heard of it and there's nothing they can do. I ask if we could get another phone since it was under warranty (April 10 was our anniversary) when we first brought it in, or replace it with the insurance we pay $8.18 per month for. She said no on the warranty, and sure for $169 deductible. She threw it back on Apple. Clearly not happy customers. If I didn't have a year left I'd be swapping providers today.

David

Valparaiso, FL

>Removed personal info<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Griffin_Zero
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have pretty much the same issue with my 4s, plus network connectivity (on Verizon 3g network) is almost pitiful. Already had my phone swapped once by VZW technical support, and with the replacement was told by apple to restore back to factory defaults and not to restore from a backup at all. Still having issues. When are these issues going to be resolved? I can understand one off issues, but after doing everything we have been asked to do...we're still at "square one".