iPhone 4s chirps loudly during phone calls
GK57

I have an iPhone 4S and it is making very loud chirp sounds through the ear speaker during phone calls. The chirping is painfully loud and makes the phone difficult to use. On other websites, I have found reference to this problem, however, none of the responses addressed the issue and many were attempts at humor.

Does anyone out there have a solution for this issue?

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s chirps loudly during phone calls
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure what you are referring to...are you by any chance receiving texts or emails while on a call that would be causing this sound?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you have twitter setup?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I assume you meant to reply to the OP to ask  this one lol. But that is a good question. Basically....if they are referring to any sounds that would be like a notification for anything...twitter, facebook, etc then that may be what they are hearing. IF that is the case I'm not sure if making those sounds silent would help...because I have never turned them off but I do know that the sound can be loud and catch you off guard since it's right in your ear, but they can try it to see if that helps. Just might be a pain to do it if you want the notifications every other time but during the calls it's something you have to disable.

0 Likes
GK57

No twitter is installed.

0 Likes
GK57

I will check notifications. It is my wife's phone. I usually set up the sound profile to only make sounds for Calls, notices, and text messages. Otherwise, notices would go nonstop. I also usually silence yhings during calls However, I wonder is I missed something like facebook. I will double check.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Well if she has sounds enabled for text messages, etc then unless you go in to settings each time prior to a call and make them silent I believe you will still hear the sounds during a phone call. I've never tried just turning the silent switch on during a call to see if that helps but you might want to check that out. One suggestion to that question on the Apple Support forums said to turn the mute/silent switch on during a call so maybe that does work.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If its chirping like a bird chirp it's a twitter like app. The one for twitter is obnoxiously loud. When my wife gets a tweet I know when she gets one.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can set that twitter chirp sound to any thing now....it used to be exclusive to twitter prior to iOS 5....now it's one of the soud options you can use for any of the sounds (the name of it is "tweet"). But what the OP seems to be referring to is  the sound you hear through the earpiece while on a call....which is very loud when you are on a call and hear it...the sound isn't the same as what you may have the notice set to if you weren't on a call (at least it has never been for me...my text sound isn't the same when it comes through during a phone call as it is when it occurs normally, but it is annoyingly loud. Add in the fact that I also have vibrate turned on...so I get the sound and the vibrate while on a call).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Often people can hear it as well over the phone. In which bothers me sometimes when talking to her lol

0 Likes