iPhone 4s searching for service. Can't activate.
estes80

I have an iphone 4s that I am trying to activate, but it keeps searching for service.  I recently upgraded and am giving this phone to my mother.  I have transferred all of her stuff from her iphone 4 to the 4s.  I can get everything switched online to the new phone, with the last step being dialing the *228 for activation.  However, I can't call *228 because the phone never picks up service from the network.

It is a Verizon phone, and my mother's service is with Verizon as well. In the settings under Network, it says "Not Available."  It is updated to iOS 7.1.1, and carrier is listed as Verizon 16.0.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s searching for service.  Can't activate.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with. You simply need to change the ESN numbers in the system via customer service or online via my verizon and the activation menu should start once you power up the device. Let me know if you still have issues.Make sure the old phone is power off first.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s searching for service. Can't activate.
nontech

I'm having the same issue. Have now gone through TWO iphone 4s and they both have the same issue. Everything works fine except they are constantly "searching" and therefore cannot make/receive calls and messages. Can't dial the *228 to get activated. The below response is no help at all.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s searching for service. Can't activate.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nontech

I would be lost without my phone. Lets work together to get you device working again. When was the last time you were able to make/receive phone calls and messages? What happens when you dialed the *228? What zip code are you in? Is your account current? Any recent changes?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes