iPhone 4s wont send picture messages to non iPhone users.
jannwj

I've tried reinstalling the IOS 6, changing the settings, shutting off the phone. I can not send picture messages to non iPhone users but can send texts and receive texts and receive picture messages. just can't send. Help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s wont send picture messages to non iPhone users.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jannwj, sending and receiving pictures is very important these days because we try to capture the moment all the time. I know this issue is frustrating because I take, send, and receive pictures at least 20 times a day. I researched  your issue and did not find this as a known issue. Do you receive a error message? I recommend checking your message settings to ensure they are enabled. I have listed the steps below:

1) From the home screen, select Settings.

2) Select Messages.

3) From MMS Messaging, drag the switch left or right to enable / disable.  Enabled when set to ON.

Please let me know if this helps. Also ensure the data network is enabled. I have listed steps below:

1) From the home screen, select Settings.

2) Select General.

3) Select Cellular.

4) Drag the Cellular Data switch left or right to enable / disable cellular data.
On /Celluar data enabled
Off /Cellular data disabled

Keep us posted with the status of your issue.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
hayemitch

Am I not able to send/receive pictures when on wifi? is it only through cellular data? Because this phone is a waste if not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to love your device hayemitch! Picture messages are not able to be sent over wifi with any device, sorry. I'm sure you will continue to enjoy all of the amazing other features your device has to offer!

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
IrishWitch0404

I have the same problem as the original post and my mms messaging is on and so is my cellular data.  I've even tried turning my wifi off and sending the photos and nothing.  The same friend and I have been sharing photos of our kids for years and this has just recently started (like in the past couple of days).  I have an IPhone 4S and she has a Droid with a different carrier.  I've never had problem sending pictures, whether over cellular or over wifi.  So, what's the deal?  As of right now, Verizon has a very unhappy customer on their hands.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IrishWitch0404,

What a peculiar situation. But don't worry as we've got a knack for turning folks into happy customers once an issue is diagnosed. Now, I'm glad you've checked out a few of your settings thus far. Next, may I ask if you have the most up to date software? Please go to settings > general > software update to make sure. Also, what kind of error message do you or the other party receive? Something you may wish to consider is a hard reset http://vz.to/uBfksa . Please backup your information prior to it and test your picture messaging before reloading your apps.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mlkcrtnmdl

I have been having the EXACT same issue. In fact, I was completely jerked around by customer service on multiple occasions and finally, out of frustration, demanded that my device be replaced. It was... nothing has changed. I came back to Verizon from T-Mobile, where I NEVER had issues like this, because of the supposed superior network and now I can't do something as simple as sharing pictures with anyone who doesn't use an iPhone and my data on my phone is completely unavailable in many places now where it was FINE with T-Mobile. Add all of this to the fact that I'm past my "trial period" and you still won't even begin to comprehend how dissatisfied I am with Verizon right now. I'm paying nearly twice as much in monthly rates for not even  half as much in actual service and capabilities.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You say that you came back. When you left vzw to tmobile and back....did you keep the same number?

0 Likes
mlkcrtnmdl

I did port my number over from T-mobile, but can't recall if it was the same number I used to have with Verizon or not. Why would that matter?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

On verizon your number has 2 numbers: a mtn which is your number, and a min, an identifyer on the network. Its usually the same but when you port in its different. Having said that, sometimes thw coding gets lost in translatio. And you have issues. Specifically data. Iphone imessages are fine but not fine when its a regular mms. Call up tech support from another phone and request a trouble ticket. They may have to "rebuild" your line. Worst case, youll have to get a new number.  Also porting has really been aroubd for nearly 10 years and still has quirks. Not ur dault and not verizons.

0 Likes