iPhone and Network Extender
pawlandy

A couple years ago we decided to get rid of our landline but agreed to get a network extender to be on the safe side since we live on the edge of the coverage area. The network extender worked fine with the wife's Blackberry, my Samsung Alias, and later with my iPhone 4. Last December (2011) my wife upgraded her Blackberry to an iPhone 4S. This phone also works fine with the network extender.

Now for the weird part. A couple weeks after the wife's upgrade, we bought our daughter an iPhone 4S. One year later, this phone has been plagued by dropped calls. The only time she can answer a call and not have it drop is when the network extender is offline or out of range. The only thing I can think of that makes the daughter's phone different from ours is that both the wife's phone and my phone were activated at the Verizon store. The daughter's phone was ordered at the Verizon store and delivered to our home where it was activated via iTunes. Luckily our coverage area is good enough that switching off the network extender only kills service in the basement.

<Branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone and Network Extender
danzzing

I am sorry to hear as I recently renewed into an Iphone 4 and nothing more frustrating than all the dropped, failed calls I have experienced in the last month and I live in an area that is well supported so see no need for an extender.  I have not given up my landline as this seems to be the only reliable service I can count on in an emergency since the Iphone and 3G network prior to the Iphone 4 have been nothing but nightmares. 

0 Likes
Re: iPhone and Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pawlandy, I agree that this is a very strange issue. We know the iPhone 4S works with the network extender since your wife's is working. There shouldn't be any difference when activating the phone at home versus at the store. Please have her dial *228 and also reset her network settings http://bit.ly/RWB8pS. Dial #48 from her phone while at home to see if it is connected to the network extender. Also, have you added either of your lines to the white list for the network extender? You would need to sign into your My Verizon account to do this.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes